Thursday 28 April 2011

GPS, such an hard work

Last days I started working on my last project (temporarily named 'Guidr').
I started reading a lot of documentation on cell towers positioning, GPS positioning and a ton of other really interesting stuff.
At the end I started writing some lines of code and I suddenly realized that would be a really hard work.
Not for the positioning itself (well, it's not so easy anyway) but for location updates.
It seems Android would automatically decide when the position needs to be refreshed and sometimes (especially when debugging on my personal device) the refresh process didn't seem to work.
This is only the first step of the projects when I will have correct data, right updates process and timing, poor battery usage and better performance I should start focusing on something totally different (such as UI, in-app search, distance calculation, augmented reality data).

No comments:

Post a Comment