Thursday 5 May 2011

Boring app VS great app

What distinguishes a boring app from a great app?
Maybe the graphical look and feel or, more probably, the content presented?
Apps Market are full of apps, some good and some really bad but some of these latest are really bad not for the user experience, but mostly for what they are giving to the users.
There are a lot of apps related to big sites such as Wired or CNN but what some of these apps are totally missing is the app look and feel.
If I download an app related to a site I want a look and feel totally different than what I could browse with my device. If I'm looking at a news list I want something more than what I would get from the website: more features, better experience. If you cannot provide it with an app, I think will be better to create a mobile version of your site, for sure will be cheaper!
If I download an app related to a site that is not only a news site, I want deeper interaction, not only a list of news and the choice to read the entire article. If I'm looking for such simple interaction I'll grab the site RSS feed and I'll add it to my (native) 'News' app.
Apps market is still growing and there is a lot of stuff to learn, but I really hope I won't be the only one studying more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment