Wednesday 4 May 2011

Hiccup data connection

Lots of mobile application and websites as well (but I'm going to talk about the first category only) don't focus on hiccup data connection.
When I talk about hiccup data connection I mean every situation where people could connect only in some spot (such as home/office/public WI-FI) and then turn off connections to save battery life and, also, phone credit as well.
When you're living in your country you don't mind at all about this situation because usually you could access the network without too much additional cost, but when you're abroad you don't want to connect to 3G or HSDPA network because it would cost you a lot of money and the amount of data available (as MB limit) is really poor.
That is the reason why I'm totally thinking on scenario where people usually haven't data connection.
I'm studying a lot of mobile apps similar to the one I'm going to develop in the near future, but all of them are based on the idea of being connected anytime and anywhere.
Managing this scenario means more data to be saved for "offline" usage, but as a user I really prefer to have my mobile loaded of data that get erased when not used anymore than spending a lot of money to retrieve the same data over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment