Tuesday 28 June 2011

My review

About 2 weeks ago I bought a new laptop. It cost me a bit but not so much.
My older notebook was really old and heavy and its battery last less than 10 minutes when not plugged in. The last problem was related to the personal bad behavior to have the laptop always on the battery charge mode.
At the end I decided to buy a new, more portable and more powerful one.
My 'new baby' is an Aspire Timeline X 4820TG. I googled, as usual, a lot about this product before buying it. Some reviews and some forums. One of the main problem is that I didn't find so much results for my query. At the beginning I thought it wasn't a good news. But when I first turned it on I was totally surprised. The laptop is really light (even with the battery on) and it really last a lot.
I've not used it yet for work purpose just entertainment and videogames but I think that those stuff could also be considered as benchmarks. I really loved the way it automatically switch from a graphics driver to another one by simply pressing a button or whether the power cable is plugged in or not.
The only 'problem' I noticed is the twitch the display perform when jumping between the ATI graphic card and the Intel one. But I really don't mind about it because the difference is massive.
When the ATI card is on everything goes really good. Videos flow like streams and streaming run like Bolt.
Videogames as well totally changes, they are really smooth and fluent.
The display is a 14.1" LED and it could be very bright.
One of the oddest thing is the USB port placement. Well, it's odd only to me probably because I think they are too close to the user, I really preferred to be further (totally personal impression).
The battery has a strange but useful shape because when you put the laptop on a desk/table/couch/leg it will be just a bit raised up so that it won't start burn your legs when the CPU goes really high and it will also remain very fresh because the air could easily flow under the fan.
If I should vote for it I would say an 8.5.
That's why it's not perfect but I really love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment