Sunday 8 May 2011

Thank-you Facebook

I don't really like Facebook because of its totally intrusive way of gathering data from every people, digging deeper in people details. But, as a techie first and a web user then I'm really fascinated about all this great lines of code behind these blue pages and I like the way it could make simple connecting people and friends in the same exact easiest way.
A lot of companies use Facebook to advertise their products or to make money in general.
In the last days I started using a web service called Twitterfeed. This project reads an RSS feed (usually a blog one) and updates your Twitter or Facebook accounts (these are the major services) with your latest posts.
Twitterfeed also gives you some statistics about your posts' link (simply the number of clicks) but what's great is that it's letting me know that some of my Facebook connections are reading (I really hope) my posts.
So, thank-you Facebook but especially thank-you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment