Tuesday 10 May 2011

Squares and rectangles

While having a beer (well actually they are two) and waiting for colleagues to reach me at piccadilly circus I started playing a game I just downloaded from the Android market. It is a free game that reminds me a lot of classical old games such as Arkanoid. Probably I won't even be born when those games reach the market but I played them when I was a kid with my brothers' Commodore64. I remember of them because they were so simple and in some way beautiful that you couldn't forget them. I have to say that the actual games are so real they seem movies, but classical 8-bit games where awesome because with only your brain work you could made them, in some way, possible. During 80's, and early 90's as well, imagination was the keyword.
I was wondering why nobody is trying to reproduce this imagination's world. You know, there are plenty of games out there that seem "old" but they allow you to move too much on the screen, there are a lot of graphical effects, things moving around. The classical videogames, right now, could be easy to 'copy', in some ways, because even a poor designer like me could draw it. Love the idea of squares and rectangles moving around (always loved and forever will love).
I really have to study more Android graphical libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment