Saturday 21 May 2011

The tweeting spam

I used Twitter for more than a year, and I'm still using it.
I have to say it's not my favourite social web service. A lot of people is following me and I follow a lot of people too but I think the main problem is the kind of discussion people talk about I don't really like. In these days I'm reading a lot of web magazine talking about tweets' power to raise revolutions (see Egypt or Spain for example) but I only read of these. None of the people I'm following really talked about this stuff. Probably it's mostly my fault because I'm not following the right people but at the same time I noticed that a lot of websites are spamming their tweets talking about their latest news. Another awful idea is the retweet use they are going through for any kind of sale offers or gifts as well just to gather more people to the website. Sometime, not so often, I read my timeline and it's totally full of crap. Offers and sales and news' retweets. So I was just wondering if I was totally wrong thinking of Twitter as some kind of brief real-time news aggregator or this wonderful service is probably used in the wrong way!
(Thank you G to asking me yesterday night if I am going to write something new on my blog. I really appreciate the question!)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I never create an account in twitter, what is a a little embarrasing because I´m a software profesional and at least I should do that just for test how it works. Anyway, I think the blogs is a good way to follow and know the thought of people we think are interesting. The problem is that you never know how many people or who is following you, but probably is more than you can imagine, what is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think is great to know that somebody is following you or at least reading some of your posts, especially when the readers are people you're working with.
    I really love thinking about "Imagination" as the best word ever invented!

    ReplyDelete