Saturday 14 May 2011

Small and cheap

When you develop something regarding web, usually, you don't have to think too much about going out of memory. You mostly rely a lot on server machines that are quite good and powerful. It's totally different when you work on mobile application. Android, for example, could allow you to have, about, 3 MB as total memory allocation.
I recently discovered that my first app ever published was quite hungry of memory. Doing some specific operations consequently could cause memory leaks. I wasn't used to think about memory consumption so I really dig deeper into my code and really googled a lot and suddenly found out what were my real issues.
In the last days I learnt a lot of new improved techniques for achieving my goal and right now I'm very happy to announce that a newer and totally 'cheaper' version of my app will be released soon.
I really hope that some of you could enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment